The Career Centre offers employment programs and services
Do you know someone who is looking for a job or to gain work
The Career Centre is operated by the Simcoe County District
School Board and provides employment programs and services for people beginning
at age 15. Whether you have a child who has never had a job but is looking to
gain work experience, or have a friend or family member who needs help with
their employment and job search, Employment Consultants at the Career Centre
can help! Programs and services are available at no cost.
Contact the Career Centre at 705-725-8990, or visit the
Career Centre website at barriecareercentre.com for more information.
This Employment Ontario service is funded in part by the
Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Research has shown that parent involvement is a key indicator of student success. Involvement comes in many forms. Here are some ways to get involved:
- Stay informed by reading the information on our website and subscribing for updates
- Attend school council meetings or consider joining the school council
- Volunteer at our school
- Talk to your teen about their day and show interest in what they’re doing at school
- Explore education-related websites for advice and tips on how to support your teen at home
- Get to know our school board
- Check our events calendar to stay up to date with the great things happening at our school
Our Student Handbook contains a wealth of information about our schools, including assessment dates, report card information, student learning, the Code of Conduct, safety in schools, healthy living tips, technology use and much more.
All About High School
Parents, check out our All About High School resource. It's designed to help you support your teen through the high school years. A printed copy of the resource is available at the school, or can be mailed to you. Email email@example.com to request a copy.
In addition to graduation requirements, this guide provides an overview of the range of opportunities and support we provide for students, from guidance and career education, to support for student mental health needs.